Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Insomnia

If I had a lot of time in hand, I really don't know how I'd spend it.

Each day, I crave to get a few extra hours in my day. It seems that each day is packed with stuff that needs doing.

However much I try to get done, there always seem a lot of other things that need my attention. At the end of the day, I'm faced with a pang of disappointment. The already long hours of my waking hours get stretched, and I can barely crawl into my bed at the end of it before I pass out.... for about 10 minutes. And then the angst creeps in.

The thoughts would come rushing in, all at once, and fill the peaceful void that had been my mind a moment ago. They push their way past the sentries at the gate – a formless swirling mass of anxiety that can’t be quantified.

They come like chalk writings on a black board, making that annoying squeaky noise all the while. While I work away with a duster trying to cleanse the slate in all earnest, the chalk continues, unperturbed.

I’ve become jittery now-a-days… brittle… Afraid to close my eyes, I fight to stay awake. But eventually, unwelcome as it may be, sleep steals over me. The thoughts lurking in the darkest corners stealthily walk up, and come crashing through - the silence shattered to a thousand pieces…… yet once more…

No comments: